Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing #22 - Social Networking

I created my Facebook and Myspace accounts years ago in college! I do not accept my students as friends as I feel that is inappropriate. But on a personal level, I love having both accounts because they allow me to keep up with family and friends that I would normally not be able to stay in contact with. I personally use Myspace more than Facebook, but both are great. I love looking at pictures of my friends especially right now since so many people my age are getting married and having children! :-) I think that many people are weary of these sites but they are very secure as long as you chose all the private settings.

Once my students have graduated I accept them as friends and it is nice to watch them grow and see what they are doing in their lives. At this point I am not certain how I could use these programs professionally with my students, but I love using them on a personal level.

Jessica's Facebook Profile

Jessica's Myspace Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment