Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing #20 - Google Docs

I was actually introduced to Google Docs at a faculty meeting earlier this year. We are even encouraging our students to use this tool.

One feature I LOVE about Google Docs is that the documents are stored online! How many times have you lost an important document?! It either got lost in cyberspace or you lost your jump drive - something! And it's very depressing! Well if you have it in Google Docs you can access it from any computer and will never lose it!

And omg - you can create a presentation just like in PowerPoint. If you don't have Microsoft at home - no worries just use Google Docs. This was a HUGE plus for me!! I don't think people know this, and it really could be beneficial for students who cannot afford to have Microsoft programs. One solution that I immediately thought of was no more "we could never meet up together." Now students can log-on at different times and ALL make changes and additions to a project. They do not necessarily have to all be in the same location they can just collaborate online!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are seeing so many possibilities for using Google Docs!

    ReplyDelete