Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thing # 11 - Flickr

Wow - I really could spend HOURS on Flickr! I love looking at pictures! I chose to search the topic "waves" - it just happens to be the last topic I taught in class before we started preparing for TAKS. I found a clear, obvious picture of refraction.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63101308@N00/429808626/ User: mikeyexists


And a really surreal picture of reflection...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/2985066755/ User: mikebaird

Flickr could be very useful for teachers! Just recently I was struggling with explaining the term refraction and as I looked for pictures to use in my PowerPoint I found the same old ones - Flickr would have been very helpful! A picture speaks a thousand words, and sometimes there is no better way to explain a vocabulary word than showing a great picture!

Our students could use pictures posted on Flickr for projects in order to make them more detailed.

1 comment:

  1. Since learning about Flickr Creative Commons, I now use these pictures in every presentation I make. You can really find some fascinating photos that are free for your use as long as you provide the appropriate attribution!

    ReplyDelete