Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing #19 - VoiceThread

COOL! I truly believe creation and teaching others is the highest form of learning, and if you can do that then you are showing you understand the material. My sophomores could create tutorial VoiceThreads and we could send them to the elementary schools or we could even use them ourselves to review at a later time in the year such as now when we are preparing for TAKS!

I could also see these being useful for students who are absent or just need a refresher. A goal of mine in the future is to have a class website. It would be really neat if I eventually could post all my PowerPoints on the class website, and in those presentations I had voicethreads! When teaching with PowerPoints I always like to add in personal examples, etc. So when I print off a PowerPoint for a kid who was absent they don't get that extra teaching - this program would help resolve that dilemma.

1 comment: