Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing # 21 - Google Tools

I just found a new love for GOOGLE! I created a Google calendar which is really cool! But I do have my own paper planner that I love so I am sure I will stick with that. Although when I created my iGoogle I liked the fact that I could add my Google calendar to my home-page. So every time I went to Google I would see it :-) One thing I did not like was making my calendar public or sharing it. Some things would be no big deal, but many things in my planner are personal and I am not sure I would want everyone to see those things. So if I did start to use the Google calendar on a regular basis I would probably make it private.

Jessica's April/May 2009 Calendar

The iGoogle was really fun! I added my Google Calendar to the homepage and my e-mail is on the homepage too! Talk about convenience - it's all right there when you log-in!

I could see my students using many of these tools! Some really need a planner whether they want it or not! They need to learn how to be organized. And honestly, I could see them keeping up with an electronic calendar because now of days many of them have fancy phones or are on the computer multiple times a day where they could keep up with their calendar.

The Picasa Web Albums would be fun! We could have a "NMHS" album where all our students uploaded pictures from school like spirit days, sport activities, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment