Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thing #17 - Podcasts

We actually just had a faculty meeting where we learned about podcasting! I think they could greatly add to the overall success of our students. It would be very useful for ESL students...they could practice their vocabulary words, review material learned in class, etc. I could think of many ways to use podcasting in my classroom, but immediately I thought it would be so cool for my senior TAKS prep students! Let's be honest almost every student has an iPod or mp3 player! I could find useful podcasts related to TAKS and they could subscribe to them and put them on their iPod or mp3 player and listen to them whenver they wanted! Or I even thought that we could as a class create our own podcasts and upload them to their portable devices! The more they hear the material the more likely they are to retain the information.

I previewed and subscribed to "Why? The Science Show for Kids podcast" and "60 Second Science." Both were really neat :-) The 60 second science was cool because it was short and to the point! Quick facts in literally a minute! The Science Show was neat because students are the ones who send in the questions to be answered! Kids are so creative and think of some great questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment