Friday, April 24, 2009

Hopefully just the beginning... :-)

One word - WOW! I honestly never knew half this stuff existed! I feel much more knowledgeable about what's out there. I just hope now I can incorporate these things into my classroom. One thing that really stinks is much of this I had to do from home...I mean our school seriously needs to do something about teachers not having access to many of these sites! And I also need to figure out how to incorporate these fun, useful tools while still getting in the material that the students need to know for TAKS and other tests. It's a work in progress but I am definitely heading in the right direction!

I had many favorites such as animoto and all the image generators - those were just FUN! :-) I think I will most often use delicious - I still can't get over that there is a program where you can get to your favorites from any computer! iGoogle seems like it is another thing that is very useful and convenient so I am sure I will be using it often...and even in the beginning - making an avatar was too fun! I got a good laugh that day!

Professionally, I would love to create a class wiki. If I really got one of those bad boys up and running I would be so proud!

I would like to play around with and put to use podcasts. I think that is one resource that would greatly improve testing scores if we could just get our students to actually listen to them instead of Lil Wayne! haha

I am very excited about what the future holds. Thank you for the user-friendly course - you ladies have done an excellent job in preparing detailed instructions, and I am very grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - you did it! I'm glad that you found so many new tools that you will use with your students. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete