Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thing #6 - Feed your reader!

I ran across one blog where the author discussed her trip to Qatar and her experience and new knowledge! Her blog reminded me of my own trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. I think the sad thing is many of our students will never experience what I and this girl experienced, and that was life outside of our own "world". You find out so much about yourself and life when you travel to another country. Words cannot explain the feeling and emotions. Although some of our students may not be able to ever travel out of the country, I think they can learn a great deal just by volunteering their time in the community. Even if it is a trip to a nursing home...when you help others you really learn about "life", and that is knowledge you cannot always receive within the walls of a classroom!

One of my "fun" feeds is connected to a NBA blog-site. This year's all-star weekend was interesting! Dwight Howard is pretty much awesome! He is talented and hilarious. I guess I never realized how funny he was, but he got many laughs out of me this weekend! Watch a you-tube video of his dunks from this weekend if you have time - HILARIOUS and the boy has mad skills! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment