Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing #2 - Thoughts about Web 2.0

Technology is so important these days, and we as teachers have to be on board with technology or our students are going to run off into the "techno" world without us! Teenagers are hooked on technology now more than ever. We live in a world of iPods, cell phones, and computers. I mean for goodness sake, just watch the next teenager at a restaurant and see how many times they look at their phone? Better yet, see if any of them are wearing their iPods?

I feel like I know a lot about technology, but there is still so much to learn! I am excited about what this class has to offer and learning new strategies to take back to my classroom. I just recently did a survey with my students and 98% of them strongly agreed that they preferred using technology in class more than paper and pen. Our kids are begging us to incorporate these "fun" activities into our curriculum and I am hoping this class will help me do just that!

On a personal level, it's fun to keep up with friends and family through technology, and extremely convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment