Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing #1 - Reflections on Lifelong Learning

Just reading the word "PLAY" makes me happy! :-) I think the most important habit of learning is to play! When you lose interest in what you are learning and no longer "love" it, you really aren't learning; you probably are just going through the motions. The fabulous thing about science is that it is "fun", and I enjoy it. In order for me to make it though this course I think it will be important for me to play! This whole blogging thing is pretty cool and I am already having fun! :-)

The easiest challenge for me is using technology to my advantage. There is so much technology out there - I am a huge technology fan! I could not go a day without my computer, blackberry or inter-write pad in my classroom. Our students really enjoy using technology so I try to use it in my classroom just to first get their attention, and then I can start the hard stuff. I am a teacher so it is pretty easy for me to teach and mentor others! Some days are harder than others, but nonetheless that is a relatively easy challenge considering my profession!

The most challenging habit for me to employ would be "beginning with the end in mind." I have goals, and I can usually see them, but I am never really sure of all the steps to get there! In this class I would like to understand and manage the steps and create a check-list as I reach my goals! One of my first goals - we are already doing; creating a blog!

I think life-long learning is essential in our day and age! And really as long as you are out and about, trying new things you are going to learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment